Friday, April 13, 2007

"DON'T CRY AT MY FUNERAL"

I'm going far away, to another place,
People are gloomy,
They bring flowers to adorn my grave,
All of their faces clammy,
With tears and perspiration,
Dressed in white,
Creating a totally dull environment,
Wondering at my family's plight,
Saying tastelessly blatant things like:
"She would've loved this,
Look at her pained face, poor thing,
Oh! How she'll be missed...."

I look from above and feel immensely sad.
How can my people do this to me?
How can they spoil my happiest moment?
I wonder indignantly.

When God leads to me his abode,
I hear wails of my family,
Punctuated with sniffs and sobs,
Depressing me, when I was going happily.

I am eager and inquisitive,
And can hardly control my feet,
I wanna run through the door,
And meet all the people I wanted to meet.
Dead rockstars, long gone emperors,
All the people I was always fascinated with,
I wanna ask them about their thoughts and ideas,
How they feel about their life, after death.
I want to glide through the black holes,
Skate on the rings of Saturn,
Set myself ablaze on the huge ball of fire,
Sink in deep oceans, never to return.

I wanna look over my near and dear,
Observe who really mourned me,
And who rejoiced my eternal sleep,
And laugh aloud at their stupidity.
I wanna check the crime rate,
Curse all the hypocrites and their lies,
I wanna cry over others' pain,
Without being irritated by worried eyes.

I am moving to another world,
Much bigger than this one,
Much more beautiful,
Much closer to the Almighty, closer to the sun.....

So don't spoil my happy day,
Rejoice, distribute sweets,
Wear psychedelic clothes,
And sing with roaring joy....
My sincere and heartfelt request,
To all people concerned,
Please don't cry at my funeral........

1 comment:

Kriti Kalwad said...

this one's my alltime fav :)